School Board InformationMembers
- Don Pampel, President
- Robert Gerber, Vice President
- Kyle Arvin, Secretary
- Rachel Cantrell, Member;
- Dr. Brandi Schemerhorn, Member
- Jason Kilmer, Member
- Brian Melchi, Member
- School Board meetings are the second Monday of every month at 7:00 PM.
September 11, 2017
FROM: Dr. Kathy Goad, Tri-County School Corporation
RE: Work Session, Project Hearing, and Regular School Board Meeting, Monday, September 11, 2017
The Tri-County School Board met for their Regular meeting on Monday, September 11, 2017 for the purpose of the Budget.
The Tri-County School Board met for a Project Hearing Meeting, Monday, September 11, 2017.
The following topics were covered:
- Dr. Goad briefly described the project General Obligation Bond, announcing that we have to hold this hearing if the project is in access of $1,000,000.00 and it will be less than $2,000,000.00. This project will be used for vehicles, maintenance, technology and renovations at TCP, TCI, and TC Jr/Sr High School.
- Public comments included Mrs. Mandy Taulman asked if this money was only going to be used on Vehicles, Technology and Renovations and Mr. Pampel replied that it would only be used for those purposes. Mr. Troy Furrer asked what projects are going too be done, and Mr. Pampel again said that the projects are ones that no one can see, but need to be done, for instance repair on chillders, air handlers, the pool and pool area, general upkeep and infrastructure. Mr. Don Furrer said that it would be nice to have a reduction, but assessment continues to climb. Mr. Pampel reminded the public that there is no tax rate increase, this bond would be paid back in 3 years, and that the referendum will not be used on any of these projects, which is why the bond is needed.